Exceptional Qualifications and Private Sector Experience
A Watchdog for Taxpayers and Oklahoma
Charlie is a small town boy, having grown up in a farming town in rural Jackson County. He worked on the family farm and at the local grain elevator.
Charlie learned the value of hard work at an early age, which he has carried with him throughout his career. Traditional conservative values defined Charlie’s upbringing, and those values are still with him today.
Education and career
Charlie earned his BA in Accounting from Oklahoma State University in four years. He paid his way thru college while going to school and working at the same time.
Charlie has been a member of the Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants for over forty years. He never intended or expected to run for a political office – until now – given all of the problems with state government deficits, state funding and abuses and fraud created by a large state agency.
In the private sector, Charlie has audited and examined large and small companies. Working in Tulsa for one of the then Big Eight national accounting firms, Charlie examined the inner workings of Fortune 500 firms to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and accountability.
Subsequent to this work, Charlie has over two decades of experience as a CEO and/or CFO of financial and healthcare based companies. He’s overseen the investment of billions of dollars, managed annual revenues totaling hundreds of millions of dollars and handled audit and compliance functions in some of America’s most heavily regulated industries.
Among other professional accomplishments, Charlie’s wide-ranging experience includes:
- Restructuring of a $1.6 billon investment portfolio
- Assisting in the raising of $250 million in new investment and $130 million in new revenue in one year
- Asset restructuring resulting in increased cash flow of $160 million
- Overseeing financial and accounting functions, insurance and employee benefits, tax and strategic business planning, Medicare/Medicaid compliance, contract negotiation, and staff training.
- Merger and acquisitions of companies as well as the negotiation of the resulting contracts including the audit and due diligence reviews of the target companies.
Charlie lives in Edmond with his wife of forty-three years, Elaine. They have three adult children and six grandchildren.
Charlie and Elaine are longtime members of St. John the Baptist Church in Edmond and is a member of other charitable, fraternal and not-for-profit entities.